But, can WordPress handle a complicated task such as powering a job board?
The answer is an astonishing YES!
In this review, I’ll be presenting you with one such tool, the WP Job Board Plugin.
Introduction to WP Job Board (Plugin)
Right from its name, you know that this plugin isn’t for anyone. It is for users who want to build their very own online job board.
Once you have installed this plugin on your WordPress website, it provides you the capability to publish job seeker profiles and employment. It also allows you to let your visitors add up resumes and vacancies. With all these features you can indeed create a job board and recruit staff for your work.
The best thing I liked is that this plugin works flawlessly with WordPress. It works fine with both free and premium themes. To make things clear & easier, it also comes with a free job board theme so that you get a dedicated job board website (if you wish).
WordPress Job Board Plugin provides you with a flexible and thoroughly professional job board and comes with a shit ton of functions and features. Employers are provided with abilities like creating jobs, managing ads, and also view stats of their listings.
Those who are job seekers can hunt and apply for positions, upload their resumes, and also sign up to get email job alerts in their inbox. They also get an application form through which they can send messages directly to employers.
The plugin also offers an impressive panel for administration inside the WordPress back-end. The whole thing is very easy to setup, customize and manage.
Although there are so many roles, still, the admin has full control over each and everything. The plugins pack up a visual editor which then lets you creates and organize your forms the way you prefer them to be via drag and drop.
Jobs can either be selected to be posted automatically or can be reviewed before posting. You can also make the job posting free or charge a fee for listing.
Salient Features of WP Job Board Plugin
- Can be added to any WordPress website: – The plugin can be used to create a job board to any WordPress site. It wouldn’t affect or ask you to remove present plugins or features.
- Works with every theme: – This plugin works with all themes, let it be free or premium. It also works flawlessly with frameworks such as Genesis, Headway, Thesis and others.
- Redesign your pages the way you want them to be: – The plugin picks up a template engine inside which allows you to customize the visual appearance the way you like.
- Additional fields & visual editor: – the powerful visual editor allows you to remove or add the input fields from the resume, job and application forms. It thereby gives you a total control of organizing fields the way you want it.
- Integrate PayPal & stripe: – You can also charge for different listing and other functions and thereby make money from your website.
- Communication & marketing features: – The plugin also distributes your jobs to aggregation sites like Indeed, Google base, simplyHired, Juju and much more. You can also configure it to auto post on Twitter and other social networks.
How Job Board Works?
The job portal doesn’t only look cool but also works excellent. You are provided with full control of what is posted. You can select whether jobs can be posted only by registered members or anonymous members. You can also disallow users from posting jobs.
It also has an inbuilt advanced search engine which allows users to search for jobs based on location, type, category and time of posting.
Users can also apply directly from the website; the messages are sent directly to the employer. Those who register on the site can create their unique profiles which can contain details such as company name, description, open positions, and location details. Employers can also manage and edit their jobs by logging in their dashboard.
For better integration, the plugin also offers multiple widgets that go well with the website. Some widgets are job categories, types, posted jobs, search forms, alert subscription system, and an RSS feed.
The website also supports the resume uploading by users. You can also charge companies for accessing details.
Overall, the plugin can work great if used in the right way. It works flawlessly and has tons of features.